Looking to make a difference?
Heartstrings Community Foundation has the job for you…assisting adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities in the community.
Join our team!
as of May 26, 2019
Director of Fundraising & Development
Employment Application Instructions
For an employment application, please click the Download Application button below.
Note – This is a fillable PDF form. Download onto your device and remember to save with your name in the title.
*Please submit a cover letter along with your resume and application.
Director of Fundraising and Development
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
Exemption Status: Exempt Salary Full-time
Educational: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Experience: The ideal candidate will be outgoing, results-driven, organized, and have with strong computer skills (Microsoft Office programs) and conducts themselves professionally. Candidate will be able to manage frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, think quickly on their feet, and be able to speak to groups of various sizes.Demonstrated success in the field of event planning/evaluation and administration, grant writing, strategic planning and direct marking solicitation (minimum 2 years). Experience with Blackbaud products (specifically eTapestry), is required. Experience with other fundraising/auction software is a plus.
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsibility and Authority: This position is responsible for the development, efficiency and effectiveness of the HCF® Special and Fundraising Events toward achieving HCF’s fundraising goals to support its mission, in compliance with related federal, state, and local regulations and HCF policies and procedures.
- With Executive Director set yearly budget for events
- Fulfill annual fundraising goals, based on historical results and proposed budget
- Development and implementation of solicitation strategies aimed at individual and corporate donors for annual and special needs support, with emphasis on major gifts, Planned Giving and corporate sponsorship’s for the two major fundraisers
- Plan and execute annual fundraising events: Heartstrings in Bloom and Topgolf
- Ensure events are professionally executed and onsite problems are quickly resolved
- Implement suggestions to enhance event success and continual improvement year after year
- Research, direct, monitor and execute grant writing
- Create annual plan for targeting specific new donor prospects, individual and corporate
- Maintain and maximize relationships with current donors
- Manage vendors-keeping relationship, negotiate contracts
- Submit articles and photos for periodic Heartstrings newsletter
- Prepare financial report for periodic Heartstrings newsletter
- Assist other departments with their fundraising efforts (raffle baskets, product sales etc.)
- Assist in creation of promotional materials keeping with our branding
- Represent and promote Heartstrings in the community by speaking at/attending meetings for a variety of clubs and organizations
- Host tours of Heartstrings and its businesses
- Create and fulfill opportunities to meet local business owners and corporate executives to solicit new Goody Delivery customers alongside the Goody Delivery Manager
- Facilitate photography of events
- Maintain relationship with Board of Directors, attending Board meetings as necessary
- Continuing education in best practices for donor development and relationship management, researching trends and ideas from other non-profits
- Annual maintenance of HCF page on the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation website and other non-profit donor/accreditation websites
- Supervise and delegate tasks to the Event and Fundraising Coordinator
- Facilitate the Fundraising/Event Planning Committee
- Record minutes and keep correspondence for the Committee
- Schedule and implement adequate volunteers for special events
- Conduct event debrief with committee after every event
- Work with other departments to coordinate volunteers for HCF
- With Office Manager adhere to fundraising/donation tracking and data base entry
- Assure proper recording, tracking, reporting and distribution of gifts from donors
- Direct/execute donor thank you/tax receipt letter (annual and daily receipting)
- Assist in providing media, commentary and direction to the Social Media leader
- Create quarterly newsletter and oversee social media & website communications, in conjunction with other departments
- Prepare annual financial report (with ED and AED)
- Facilitate direct mail pieces as needed
- Maintain a photo library pertaining to your job responsibilities
Nonessential Duties & Other Requirements:
- Must be able to handle and keep sensitive information confidential (HIPAA)
- Must be able to work flexible schedules supporting fundraising events, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Maintain all training required by HCF
- Maintain a negative TB test
- Ability to meet state required background checks
- Submit to periodic drug testing
- Ability to communicate in English (hearing and speech)
Required Physical Activities:
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certificate
- Ability to lift 30 lbs or 1/4 of body weight
- Ability to travel independently to various locations
- Ability to adhere to HCF’s transportation policy
**For the Dir of Fund/Develop please send in a resume and a cover letter – filling out the application is not necessary.
Team Leaders are responsible for a small team of adults with I/DD through the work day activities in the community teaching and supporting work, social skills, and independence while maintaining health and safety.
This position requires driving throughout Johnson County and Kansas City metro area (agency provided vehicles).
Monday – Friday – 32 hours a week, daytime hours.
$12.50 – $14.16 per hour w/benefits
*Medical, dental, vision, life
*Aflac, Legal Shield
No experience necessary.
Must be 22 years old with a good driving record.
If interested in any of the positions you MUST do the following in order to be considered:
1. Fill out and return application (see button on right side of page).
2. Write a cover letter/brief statement about why you want to work at Heartstrings.
3. Mail/Fax/Email these two items to Heartstrings Community Foundation.
Mail – 11599 S. Ridgeview Road, Olathe, KS 66061
Fax – 913.649.5702
Email – email@example.com